Welcome to Lesson 1: An Introduction to Good Participatory Practice
This lesson introduces you to the history and rationale for the GPP Guidelines. You will also learn about some of the benefits of stakeholder engagement, guiding principles that form the foundation of GPP and the basic components of a stakeholder engagement work plan. In the work assignment, you will reflect on your own stakeholder engagement program and areas for improvement.
STEP 1: Complete Module 1.
STEP 2: Complete Module 2. Please login.
STEP 3: Since many of you know one another already, please share something you would like to learn on the forum this week!
STEP 4: Complete your assignment and upload the final version below. Remember to include your name in the file title of the Word document (e.g. Assignment X_FIRST_LAST_name).
STEP 5: Post your photo in your account details! Remember, the more information you give the easier it will be for people inside and outside of the course to connect with you.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
- Considerations for stakeholder engagement and COVID‐19 related clinical trials' conduct in sub‐Saharan Africa
- Stakeholder engagement in research projects during a pandemic
- WITH PEOPLE: Communication, Community Engagement, COVID-19, and Preparing for Future Pandemics
- Mugamba, S., Nanyondo, J., Millard, M., et al. (2020). Community engagement: the key to successful Ebola research. Humanitarian Exchange. 77, 26‐29.
- Folayan, M.O., Durueke, F., Wikka, G., et al. (2019). Community engagement during a vaccine demonstration project in Nigeria: challenges and successes with implementation of the good participatory practice guidelines. Pan African Medical Journal. 34, 179.